Rich and Creamy Chocolate Cream Pie
This Rich and Creamy Chocolate Cream Pie is mind blowing! So easy you wont ever be tempted to get one from the store again.
This Chocolate Cream Pie is an old family recipe. Flaky, buttery crust with a lusciously creamy chocolate filling. Topped with a fresh whip cream is simply to die for! Perfect for both chocolate and pie lovers!
I used a regular pie crust, because thats what I had on hand. Although it would also be fantastic in a chocolate cookie crust. I have a Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie that is one of my most popular recipes on the blog.
I really cant even tell you how amazing this pie is. Every time I make it I am always asked for the recipe. It comes together super fast . Perfect anytime of the year!
Things you may need for this recipe!
Pyrex Glass Pie Dish
Farberware Pie Server
Microplane large shaver
Prep Time 20 minutes
Chill Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups prepared whipped cream (the rest will go on top)
- 1 9" deep dish pie crust
- Bake pie crust according to package directions
For the whipped topping: In a medium bowl using a electric mixer, whip 3 cups heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar on high until stiff peaks form about 5 minutes. chill until ready to use. (This should make 5-6 cups whipped cream)
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and butter, microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 15 second increments until melted.
- Using the electric mixer mix in the melted chocolate, and 3 cups of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread chocolate filling into pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread the remaining whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings
You can use store bought whipped cream but you will need about 5-6 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 655 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 56g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 64g Cholesterol 162mg Sodium 164mg Carbohydrates 37g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 7g Sugar 23g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.